Is Glass Living Room Furniture Right For You?
Glass living room furniture is a popular choice for many homeowners. Glass can be used in any room of the house, including your living room or dining area. Glass provides an opportunity to design with light and colour that you may not get with other types of furniture. However, there are some drawbacks to glass living room furniture as well. This post will discuss these pros and cons to make the best decision for your home!
Overall Benefits Of Glass Furniture
Glass furniture has many visual benefits. Glass furniture often oozes a high level of elegance and sophistication and looks great in modern and contemporary homes Glass also has a unique ability to enhance the look of other materials that accompany glass furniture, such as wood or marble. Glass also gives the illusion of space, as its transparency doesn’t block the views behind it, creating more visual “space” as it helps with the distribution of light.
Overall Negatives Of Glass Furniture
A significant downside to glass furniture is that it can be challenging to keep clean. Fingerprints and smudges are prone not only on the surface but within each piece of delicate porcelain, which will throw off what otherwise would have been a pristine look for your home decorating needs.
If you’re looking into purchasing any types or styles from this material, Be prepared with regular cleaning routines. Such as wiping down all surfaces lightly then washing them thoroughly according to soapy water before drying completely overnight time frame is recommended since hot sponges can also damage the surface. Glass furniture is prone to scratching, so you’ll need to purchase protective covers or pads for your surfaces and legs if you have children and pets in your home.
Glass Living Room Table
Glass living room tables are great for catching up with friends. The glass top provides an unobstructed view of the table’s contents, including your favourite magazines and books! Glass living room tables are also ideal if you like to display collectables or other items on your coffee table.
- This allows you to display decorative items on the tabletop. It gives an unobstructed view of what is placed directly on the table.
- It can be combined with other living room furniture for a cohesive look, such as glass chairs and coffee tables made from wood or metal.
- It can break if hit by heavy objects.
- Requires more cleaning than other types of furniture since fingerprints and smudges are more noticeable on glass.
- It can be a safety hazard if children or pets are running around the house and happen to fall into or onto the table.
Black Glass Furniture Living Room
Black glass furniture is often used to give a low-light room an edgy look. Black glass furniture can also help make small rooms feel more spacious and airy by making the room seem brighter due to the reflective nature of black glass.
- It can be easily paired with other colours, such as red or grey.
- Gives off a modern and stylish look.
- It can be a bit too “edgy” for some people’s taste. It can be challenging to clean if not well maintained.
- It May require special care if you have children or pets in the home as they may accidentally scratch or damage the furniture.
Glass Living Room Furniture Set
Glass, living room sets, are excellent if you look for a cohesive living room look. You can easily find matching chairs, sofas, coffee tables, and other pieces of furniture made from glass that all compliment each other ideally to give your home one great style!
- It is easy to purchase multiple items at once since they will match well together.
- Allows homeowners who are indecisive about their furniture style to test out different looks in one room before committing to a complete set.
- Maybe too modern or trendy for some people’s taste. It can be expensive depending on the brand and quality of glass used.
- It can be challenging to clean if not well maintained. Fingerprints and smudges are more noticeable on glass than other materials like wood or metal.
Glass And Chrome Living Room Furniture
Glass and chrome living room furniture are unique choices that quickly catch your guest’s attention. Chrome provides a sleek, metallic look, while the glass gives it an ethereal quality. The combination of materials makes this type of furniture extremely eye-catching without being too flashy or ostentatious for some people’s taste.
- Glass can be used in any room of the house, including your living room or dining area.
- Chrome provides an opportunity to design with light and colour that you may not get with other types of furniture.
- Allows you to display decorative items on the tabletop. It gives off a modern look when paired with chrome.
- More expensive than other types of living room furniture.
- Heavy and can be challenging to move around.
Ready To Start Shopping?
Glass furniture can be a good option for adding brightness and colour to your home and not just in the living room it can also be a great option for your home office. However, glass is more delicate than other materials such as wood or metal, so it may not hold up well in high-traffic areas of the house. If you would like more tips on glass furniture, we recommend this blog by Home Design Lover. If you’re considering this type of decor, we recommend that you choose pieces with protective coatings like lacquer or varnish, which can help limit wear and tear on your investment over time. For more advice why not speak to one of the great team here at Only Oak Furniture. Contact us today!