Living room furniture is an essential part of any home. It’s where we gather with friends and family, relax after a long day, and entertain guests. If you have a large living room, it can be overwhelming to know how to decorate and furnish it. But don’t worry; with some planning and inspiration, you can create a beautiful and functional space that you’ll love for years.
Here are some ideas for living room furniture in a large space:
- Start with a statement piece. A large living room is perfect for making a statement with your furniture. This could be a bold and colourful sofa, an accent chair, a grand fireplace mantle, or a unique coffee table. Whatever it is, make sure it speaks to your style and sets the tone for the rest of the room.
- Choose comfortable seating. While style is important, comfort should be a top priority when it comes to your living room furniture. Opt for sofas and chairs with plenty of cushioning and support. You may also want to consider sectionals, which can be great for large families or for entertaining.
- Add storage. Large living rooms can quickly become cluttered, so it’s important to have plenty of storage options. Consider adding a bookshelf or media cabinet to keep books, DVDs, and other items organized and out of sight. If you have a fireplace, you may want to invest in a mantel cabinet or shelving to store your fireplace tools and other items.
- Layer your lighting. Good lighting is essential in any room, but it’s especially important in a large living room. You’ll want to mix ambient, task, and accent lighting to create a well-balanced and welcoming space. This could include floor lamps, table lamps, and wall sconces.
- Accessorise with colour and pattern. Now that you have the primary furniture in place, it’s time to add some personality to your living room. Use colourful pillows, throws, and rugs to add pops of colour and interest to your space. You can also play with patterns by mixing and matching different prints and textures.
- Incorporate natural elements. Bringing the outdoors in can help to create a cosy and inviting atmosphere in your living room. Consider adding a large potted plant, a natural fibre rug, or wood accents to bring a sense of nature into your space.
- Add texture. Textures add depth and interest to a room, so be sure to incorporate a mix of textures in your living room furniture and accessories. This could include plush velvet pillows, a chunky knit throw, or a rustic wood coffee table or specific living room mirrors.
- Don’t forget about function. While aesthetics are important, it’s also important to consider the practicality of your living room furniture. Make sure you have enough seating for everyone and consider adding a cocktail table or side tables for drinks and snacks.
Tips and tricks to making the most of your large living room space
By following these tips and using your personal style as a guide, you can create a beautiful and comfortable living room that you’ll love for years to come. Remember to take your time and have fun with the process – the end result will be worth it.
With 0% interest-free finance and FREE UK Delivery to 90% of postcodes, we are confident of finding the next piece of metal, glass, wood or oak furniture for your home!